Our Masjid takes pride in its heritage of diversity, open-mindedness, civic engagement and community building. Our approach to Islam and our definition of the Muslim identity shapes the character of our community. As we move into our third year of establishment in the southwest of the city of Edmonton we highlight some of our successful events and activities.
We have had great success in our after school makhtab programs as well, as in our summer classes. Through events such as community barbecues, boys bonfire night, girls paint night sessions, we achieve a strong sense of the muslim identity.
We plant the seed today, in congregation, within our youth, our future role models and leaders. Islam, a religion of unity, togetherness and compassion.
We encourage active participation towards learning and growth of Islamic values and principles.
Our sessions on the Seerahs, do just that. Our members and youth collaborating as a community in camping trips, clothing drives (for example), allows us to not only water the planted seeds, but build islamic values piece by piece.
Masjid Ayesha aims to provide and nurture the community with:
- Programs for all genders and ages
- Specific programs for youth
- In-depth courses for Adults
- Evening/Weekend classes for children
- Religious Counseling services
- Will preparation services
- Funeral/burial services
All of this and much more is possible with your prayers and financial support.
Our Core Values
- To live by the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah.
- To demonstrate selflessness, integrity, forgiveness along with truthfulness, humility and modesty.
- To treat all people and one another with utmost respect, fairness and justice.
- To acquire knowledge, and improve upon oneself, as well as to help others do the same.
- To acquire outstanding work ethic and team building skills.
- To enhance relationships/partnerships, that align with the common goal outlined by the Quran and Sunnah.
- To possess the strength, courage and enthusiasm of leadership.
- To remain accountable to one self, to others.
- To remember that the final accountability lies with Allah (SWT).
The completion of this project consists of 4 Phases:
Phase I – Land Acquisition
Masjid Ayesha is required to make the complete payment of $2.4 million by March 2023 to acquire the land. The payment will be made in 6 installments of $380,000 each.
Phase II – Re-zoning and Design
Phase III – Construction
Phase IV – Finishing and Furnishing